Just like us, our dogs also experience pains and aches. Joint pain is a common issue among our canine friends, mostly as they age. It is also common among bigger dogs.
If you see your pup unable to play or run as they used to, or there is a change in the way they are walking, it should be an alarm for you to start feeding your dogs with joint supplements.
Joint and hip supplements for dogs effectively help in relieving pain and retain more mobility with age. With preventive supplements, you can improve your dogs’ overall joint health, along with pain, stiffness, and sore reduction. These supplements are also very helpful in reducing the effects of arthritis.
Choosing the right joint supplement for your dog
Choosing the correct product for your doggo can be an intimidating task because of the many available options.
These supplements contain different ingredients, but make sure that you are buying the ones that have the following contents –
- Glucosamine: It is a natural compound that stimulates cartilage growth among dogs. Taking this, your dogs will develop enough cartilage for padding their joints, which would offer them some relief.
- Chondroitin: It one too, along with glucosamine, inhibits cartilage-destroying chemicals in the body. Thus, it reduces the overall cartilage deterioration around your dog’s joints.
- MSM: This sulfur compound acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, preventing cartilage erosion.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: This is an essential compound that aids in digestion- it would help your dog digest glucosamine and chondroitin properly. You can find these fatty acids in various fish oil- you can additionally feed these to your dogs along with joint supplements.
- Hyaluronic Acid: It is mainly found in the connective tissues of your dog’s joint and essential for your dog’s joint mobility and functions. Thus, make sure the supplements you are buying for your dog have this acid.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a healthy spice that can prove to be very beneficial for your dog’s overall health. It has some anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants, which is one of the main reasons it should find a place in your dog’s food.
You can give your dog joint supplements as a preventive measure or as a medicine to provide them with some relief from joint pain. However, if you have large-breed dogs, senior dogs, or injured dogs, the joint supplements are a must-have for them.
Large dogs have to carry excess weight, which puts a lot of pressure on their joints. It can lead to a lot of pain. It is much like humans for senior dogs – as our joint gets weak with age, or we can have osteoarthritis, the same can be the case with older dogs.
So, consult a vet and choose the right supplement for your furry friend. It would benefit them in many ways and keep them healthy. Joint pain can turn your happy pup into a restless one- by taking these supplements regularly, you will be able to prevent that.
The post How To Choose The Most Suitable Joint Supplement For Your Dog appeared first on The Libertarian Republic.